Monday, February 11, 2013

February 4


(I wrote to Ruth telling her that Elijah didn't like her new look with fringe/bangs)
haha Elijah's reaction sounds just how I feel when I catch glimpses of you all growing up. I'm afraid I won't know you when I get home. But tell Elijah not to worry. I'm still Ruth, no matter how I do my hair. He can still run from my hugs and I'll still take him to ME crepes when I get home :) and he's still one of my heroes.
There's a lot to say, but I'm almost out of time.
This has been a pretty diverse week. I enjoyed my time in Orpington. Sister Santo is amazing and so sweet. We got to do some knocking in the rain and met a cool guy named Roger who will hopefully meet with the missionaries again. Walking everywhere again was exhausting, but we also had fun. I remembered how dark this world really is. I get to live in a nice bubble at the visitors' centre. I admire so much those missionaries that are just the two of them in a city full of darkness that they are bringing light to. That can be so hard and feel so lonely, but I know we are not alone and that we will succeed because this isn't our work, it's the Lord's.
I was back on Wednesday and spent some time with Sister Cabrera before she left. I have missed her so much. and it's been a bit rough transitioning, but the new sister, Sister Phermsin, is awesome and I think we will have fun as we serve together.
Yesterday I played the piano in primary again. I love the primary. They remind me of being a big sister. These kids are coming to know me and I love being their friend.
Being a missionary is still one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I am surviving and learning lots along the way.
sorry i don't have time for more.
Love you all lots and lots!!!!
have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment