Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11


Hello! or as we say in Finland, Moi! (not pronounced French of course. it's pronounced moy) Sister Phermsin is teaching me Finnish. by the time I leave I'll probably be fluent. Haha no way. That language is so hard.
I'm so sorry to hear about Jessica and Travis. What sweet and special names to give her. I hope they are doing okay. I'm grateful we have a family that pulls together in times like this.
This week I remembered how miserable and lonely missions can be. Satan works so hard because he knows great things are happening or about to happen. And I felt the greatest opposition right before we had some great teaches this week.
We saw C. and R. again for the first time since Christmas. It was so good to see them again and as we talked with them I just had the clear feeling that this is missionary work. What we were doing with them in their home was real missionary work. Numbers and progress records and all that jazz are great because they help us focus our efforts and strive to be better, but that's not how real missionary work is measured. It's in the moments that you spend with people. It's the feeling that you are doing and saying what Christ would do and say if he were ministering to these people right now. That is pretty special and it makes all those miserable moments worth it.
A couple weeks ago I made friends with this adorable family that came to the visitors' centre. Jake, Olivia, Lucy, and William. I don't remember if I told you about them. Jake is 12 and doesn't talk to me much, but he reminds me a lot of Elijah in the way he looks and he's almost taller than me. Lucy (5) and William (18 mo) are so cute, but Olivia (8) has really become my friend. They told me they were coming again this week and I was excited to see them and when they got to the visitors' centre their mum told me they were so excited to see me again. Olivia just acted like I was her doll and wanted me to spend all my time with her. I coloured with them for a bit. Another five year old joined us and started telling us about her boyfriend who lives in America. Olivia gave me this confused look. It was so funny! Then the other girl said she's five and that she turns eight in a couple weeks. haha and she was so serious about it all! Olivia was sad when her mum said they needed to go, but I think they are coming back in a couple weeks. I really hope they come one more time before I leave. It's fun making friends all over England. I'm not sure where they live but I'm pretty sure it's not in this mission, so I never would have met them if they didn't come to the visitors' centre.
Well, I'm almost out of time again. Time is crazy. and one hour for emailing is just not enough.
Today my plan is to sleep and sleep and sleep as much as I can. and maybe write some letters. maybe. but first I will sleep. i am soooooo tired.
Have a wonderful week! Thank you for your prayers. I need them so very very much!!!!! Thanks for keeping me posted on everything.
I love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Reneer

No comments:

Post a Comment