Monday, March 4, 2013

February 25


Today I am going on an adventure (despite the fact that my body needs sleep sooooo bad, but i'm in England and I need to have adventures!!!!) Today the Horsleys are taking us to Pooh country!!!!! how cool is that?! I will get to play pooh sticks at the actual pooh sticks bridge!!! I am so excited. Hopefully I can stay awake :) Last week we went to the beach near Eastbourne. I had been there before, but it was fun to go again. It was soooo beautiful.
I got your Valentine package last Monday :) Thanks. I love the family card that you made, mom! It was brilliant. I also got a letter from Haley! That was purely delightful.
We had zone conference this week which was fun. I enjoy seeing other missionaries. the most exciting part of the conference was talking about what the church is doing in response to the Book of Mormon musical that's coming to London the end of March. Many major train stations will be completely covered in I'm a Mormon ads. They showed us pictures of what it will look like and it was soooooo coool!!!!! And there is going to be a mormon.org.uk. and we are all supposed to create mormon.org profiles. 
So being a missionary is pretty much still the hardest thing I've ever done, BUT there have been some special moments this week that reminded me why I decided to serve a mission and why I am still here. Being in people's homes and being able to bear testimony of gospel truths to people that I have come to love so much is such a special experience. I'm grateful for the things I have learned throughout my life that have prepared me to help and bless these people. And I'm grateful for the things I'm learning from my experiences here.
Next week I might be somewhere new. A couple of weeks ago the president told me that a new sister is coming March 2 so that's when I'll need to go back to the field. We'll see what happens. I feel ready to leave the visitors centre. But there are people in this area that i will be very sad to leave. And I'm sure I will actually miss many aspects of the visitors centre when I do have to leave. but I'm excited (as well as scared stiff) to go back into the field.
love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment