Monday, December 10, 2012

November 26

Everyone tells me that the closer you get to the end, the faster time goes. Each transfer is shorter than the one before. I believe it, but I can't understand how it can get faster than it is now! Each day slips away so quickly and the weeks even faster.
I wish I could tell you everything about this last week. It was so marvelous. As a week, it was probably the best I've had so far. I didn't know if I'd ever love an area more than I loved Eastbourne but, wow, I love this area a lot. We went to a ward activity on Saturday. It was a Scottish night, so I tried a teeny bit of hagus and the ward learned how to do some Scottish dancing. I felt so at home and so comfortable and so happy. I still don't know everyone in this ward because it's a very big ward, but the people I do know I love very much. It was unique because there were 7 missionaries there, too, which you don't get very much here in England. I love being part of the visitors' centre family and becoming part of the East Grinstead ward. It's nice to feel that I belong.
We have seen some great miracles this week and got to teach a lot of people (relatively speaking). The work is moving forward in East Grinstead and I am so grateful to be a part of it! I wrote more about this in my email to Mazie.*
It is raining so hard today! I love this English weather. At least today I do. It helps that I know I'm not going to be out knocking in it all day :) Being at the visitors' centre has it's perks :)
We're in the library and I can hear the rain hammering down on the roof. It's pretty cool. Yay for umbrellas!
I met a guy from Texas this week when I was on chat and we had an awesome conversation and I've started teaching him online. This is the first time I've had success with this way of finding and it is sooo exciting. It's amazing how the gospel is reaching people in so many ways.
I'm almost out of time.
Thanks for all you do. I'm excited to talk to you soon.  I love you all sooo much!!!!!!
love,
Sister Reneer :)

* Ruth's email to Mazie:
My Thanksgiving was surprisingly awesome. We had so much to be thankful for. We worked in the visitors' centre, taught an awesome recent convert who is preparing for a mission, had dinner with a family, finally visited some potential investigators who are wonderful and came to church yesterday which was sooo exciting, then we visited a less active family we've been working with and had a really special lesson. It was such a full, wonderful day. Oh, AND, after teaching the recent convert and before we left the vistors' centre, we all went to feed the ducks! We have a few ducks that live on the temple grounds (but some of them are uuugly). I haven't had a chance to feed them yet, and it was so much fun, even though they didn't really like the garlic tortillas we were feeding them.
Oh my days. I'm glad you want me to come home with a British accent, because it might happen. My companions and I talk about this all the time. Don't worry. I've definitely been practicing :) my favorite is the word "water." None of us can take that word seriously anymore. I'll have to perform when we talk on Christmas :) and I've integrated a few English phrases into my vocabulary--like oh my days which I can't even remember what it was like to not say. This recent convert we taught on Yhanksgiving always says, "That's well good!" so that's the new phrase my companions and I have started trying to use. It's funny how many different words and phrases they actually do have. We all thought I didn't have to learn a new language, but I am! English and American are not the same. Do you think people will look at me funny and think I'm silly if I come homing speaking British? I think it might be kind of embarrasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment