Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10

December 10
How many missionaries will our ward have? (Note from Marne': Currently our ward has 24 missionaries in the field and 9 with calls preparing to go) We should be in the New Era!!! Just kidding. I would be so embarrassed. Because it's not a race...I'm curious about all my friends. Do you happen to have heard if anyone I know from BYU has decided to go?  How about Susannah Crump and Haley Giblette? I want them to get sent to England London South so I can be their trainer :)  That would be sooo cool! I got a letter from Camille Dahle this week with an adorable announcement. My goodness. I hope it's a lovely wedding, as I'm sure it will be. WHY IS EVERYONE MOVING ON WITH THEIR LIVES?????
What are your Christmas plans? I would tell you mine, but I'm not sure. I won't know till tomorrow morning, so I'll have to tell you next week. I have no idea what will happen. A few weeks ago President told me Sister Yapi and I would probably leave, but that was logic speaking and who knows what will really happen. I would love to stay here for so many reasons. And I have lots of people "praying" for me to stay, so we'll see what happens. Everyone take piano lessons and learn to play!!!!! It makes people like you when you're a missionary :) I feel like I really do contribute quite a lot to the visitors' centre and this area. But missions are teaching me so clearly that I am never irreplaceable. If this were a real job, I know they would keep me and I might even be proud enough to consider myself as indispensable at the visitors' centre. But as a missionary, I know the Lord can take me out of any area and that area will be just fine. Because this isn't my work, this is His. Ya I make a difference and people want me to stay, but they'll be just fine if I leave, because whoever replaces me is the person that needs to be here now, not me. It's pretty humbling, and kind of scary, and kind of cool. Missions have a way of showing you who really is in control. And it isn't me, it isn't the other missionaries, and it isn't even President.
Oh, dear. look at me being one of those missionaries that sends home sermons. no. I wanted to be the one who sends home cool stories. hmmm.
Friday we showed the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert with SISSEL!!!!! It was sooooooo phenomenal. Her voice is like magic and gold and all things wonderful. I have missed musical nourishment for my spirit. It was soooo lovely being able to watch that and filled my soul with such peace and happiness and I haven't even felt much anxiety over transfers since then--and before that I was already freaking out about transfers...Because change and uncertainty scare me. But right now I'm okay. Maybe because I'm just not letting myself think about it. I'm pretending like I'm going to be with Sister Cabrera and Sister Yapi and the visitors' centre forever. That's be pretty cool.
It is so cold here. Another reason I love being at the vc :) So cold. It snowed a bit one morning and it was very beautiful, but then it melted and we were sad. I'm hoping it'll snow tons tomorrow night to stop the flights because I don't really want Sister Howard to go home. But that would be sad for her so I actually don't hope that happens because I don't want her to miss her sister's wedding.
Well, as always this is super scattered and I'm out of time.
Love you all loads!!!!!!!!!
-Sister Ruth Reneer


No comments:

Post a Comment