Monday, January 7, 2013

December 31


hello hello!
well, i already told you about my awesome Christmas when I talked to you on Tuesday. It was such a good day. being a missionary on Christmas is the BEST!!!! (granted, it could be the worst if you have no where to go and end up knocking doors all day BUT that didn't happen to us) It was fun to be involved in the ward carol service in the morning and to see all the excited children...and teenagers...and adults. Spending Christmas with our investigators was soooooo wonderful. They prepared a lovely meal and we had Christmas crackers with cheap crowns and silly jokes and we had party poppers and watched a MoTab Christmas concert with Audra McDonald and then we got to talk about the birth of Christ from the Nephites side of the world. What better way to spend Christmas than by serving the Lord by serving his children and talking about his gospel?
After being with them we worked in the visitors' centre for three hours, which wasn't really work, because I got to talk to YOUUUU. That was pretty cool. I can't believe how tall Luke is :( I'll have to sit on his lap when I get home because he'll be too big for mine. How was the rest of your Christmas? I'm glad you had a good rest of the week and didn't feel too sad about it all being over. I was worried about that too, but it's been okay. I was starting to get worn out by all the excitement anyway, so the end came at a perfect time. and it's not like we have any down time to think about it much anyway. There is always more to do and something new to be thinking about and planning for.
After the visitors' centre on Christmas, we went to the Bells (an awesome member family) for some Christmas dinner left-overs. Bishop and his family were there too which was fun because I like their kids. Children make Christmas so magical. When Bishop went home, were were also able to have a lesson type thing with the Bells and it was soooo good. This gospel brings so much joy even in the midst of trials and heartache and imperfection.
I was so exhausted by the time Christmas was over. It was a busy busy full day of constant excitement and it was soooo much fun but so exhausting.
So now that I've written an email that makes it sound like my life is just perfect and awesome, let me just remind you that it's not. Missions are hard. but life is hard. so I guess this is good preparation for the rest of my life. I still worry about the future and each upcoming transfer. which is silly, because it always turns out great. the Lord is in charge and I know his plan is perfect.
thanks for being great and being good.
I hope you have a super last day of 2012 and that your 2013 is just the best year yet.
I love you all lots and lots and lots and lots!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Reneer

No comments:

Post a Comment